Wednesday, March 11, 2009

March 1 transport: Lots of little lambs

EVELYN
CODY
I transported 20 puppies and dogs. I was amazed at how Karen can plan and fit all the crates to maximize the space! I dropped off two sweet dogs (Cody and Evelyn) at Tri-County Humane Society.

ENDORA'S INJURY
ENDORA'S ADORABLENESS
I pulled over in Clearwater to take Endora out of her crate because I dearly needed a puppy fix. She was the pup that was brought in with the stab wound to her chest. She had been stitched up and healed nicely. I put her in my lap, she looked up at me a few times, then promptly fell asleep and didn't stir until we arrived home. Endora, Spice, Faith and her eight pups all went to Pet Projects Rescue.
SPICEFAITH
FAITH'S PUPS
STARVING ANGELICA
ANGELICA'S ANGELS
Linda and Gary from Animal Ark were waiting with the van as I pulled up. We transferred all the crates to the van and they were on their way. Angelica and her pups had been found living in a van and starving. Only four of her eight pups survived. Etta also went to Animal Ark.
ETTA
WILMA
Sonja from All-Dog Rescue wasn't there to pick up Wilma yet, so I took her in my fenced-in back yard to stretch her legs. She popped out of the crate, jumped around happily in the snow, then went and did her "business." She had kept her kennel clean the whole drive. She was a little black and brown dog, and Karen had said she was very frightened. She didn't appear scared at all in the yard - just happily sniffing around, bouncing in the snow. She kept running back to me. Sonja arrived in a few minutes, and I handed off my new favorite! She has a pomerian/pug who she thought would enjoy playing with Wilma.It's so satisfying to do this work for Red Lake Rosie's. I'm grateful to be involved with such a dedicated group.

Twyla

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails