Saturday, March 21, 2009

Is anyone familiar with the rescue of Chippewa/Niji?

Dear Denise:

I got this email and am not sure we were the rescuers of Niji, but---anyway--it is a good story of a rescued Red Lake dog who now has a wonderful life!!

Beautiful pictures too. Sincerely, Karen :)


I adopted a dog named Chippewa from CARES back in October of 2005. (He's been re-named to Niji since the adoption.) He was estimated around 8 or 9 months old when I got him and we suspect he's a Shepard Husky Lab mix. I was also told that he was found abandoned on the Red Lake Reservation and somehow ended up with CARES and into a foster family near the Linwood, MN area.
I don't know anything about Niji's background at all, and CARES didn't either, save for where he was found. I actually volunteer with A Rotta Love here in the Cities, and I just happened across your website today, and I'm curious to know if your organization was perhaps the group that originally found and rescued Niji. If so, do you know anything about his history, and if he was ever socialized to people when he was a pup, or was he abused? He loves other dogs, but he definitely takes some time to warm up to new people, so I've always been so curious about what happened before he was rescued.
If you were the group that originally rescued him, he's doing wonderfully. He's such a sweet and loving dog, he's done amazingly well with his obedience classes and we're going to get him tested for the Canine Good Citizen soon as well. He's got a younger sister dog now, a Pit Bull named Bettie and they're best friends. I can't thank you enough for rescuing him, and I can't even imagine not getting to hang out with my awesome dog everyday. Even if your group didn't rescue him, I'm sure there are a lot of other Niji dogs that you have saved.

I've attached a few pictures of Niji and Bettie as well. :-)

Thanks,
L

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails