Thursday, April 29, 2010

Adios amiga!

FROM THE PET HAVEN DOG BLOG:
Monday, April 26, 2010
Adopted Dog Monday: Harley!

Harley was adopted last weekend after being featured on the Pet Haven blog.

We know that Harley is going to love her new home as it’s full of people, and she’s sure to get attention anytime she wants it...which is basically ALL the time! Harley even has a new sister, Paris, who seems to equally enjoy being spoiled with love and attention. Here's an update from Harley's new forever Mom, Michelle:

HARLEY
"we all just love her and she is being spoiled on a regular.....paris had an attitude for a day but is getting used to her being around but keeps laying in harley's new dog bed.....so then, harley gets top-dog status on a fur blanket up on the couch.....they both mooch for treats equally and are very good at it!!......harley has been eating but is very picky like you said she was.....i am keeping up on the warm milk in the morning and she seems comfortable sleeping with me at night"

Sounds like Harley has hit the forever home jackpot!
We wish Miss Harley and her new family all the best and look forward to receiving future updates on Harley and Paris!


HERE'S HARLEY'S EARLIER POST ON THE PET HAVEN DOG BLOG:
Thursday, April 8, 2010
The Mighty Harley

Hello – my name is Harley, and I am a 6.5 pound FEMALE Chihuahua with more love than you can imagine! Since I’m such a little squirt, I have to really be careful and stay out of the way. Things like doors and steps are pretty scary for me! And then of course there is my tongue…. What can I say? I’m sure that is the first thing you will notice about me. Unfortunately it is just a tad long, and I don’t have many teeth to hold it in. Nevertheless, I get along pretty darn good for my age (I’m somewhere between 9 and 10).

Where I REALLY shine is in the love and cuddling department! If I had my way, I’d be held AND pet 24X7! And just in case you STOP petting, I’ll be sure to remind you with a little nudge from my nose. And if you hold me close AND pet me, there is sure to be a few sighs and lots of nuzzling in to your neck. And I’m not particular – young, old, male, female – whoever is available to hold me and pet me is my hero! And when you talk to me or call my name, my tail wags as fast as it can possibly go! In fact, a smile is all it takes most days.

And when I’m not being held, I LOVE to snuggle UNDER the blanket! In fact, under the covers is my favorite place to sleep at night. Of course I really like to be cuddled and pet before I go to sleep, but once I’m out, I’m good for the night! And if I need anything, I’ll be sure and snort or bark to let you know.

Where I really struggle, is with my potty training. I’d MUCH rather head to the bathroom for a rug or a newspaper. Do you expect me to go outside in the rain, snow, and cold? I think not – although my foster mom makes me go out every 2-3 hours. She never gives up on that outside thing! What’s with that?

So that’s my story, and I’m sticking to it! My foster mom says I’m the sweetest dog in the WORLD! I think I’ll go with that – mom’s pretty smart!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails