Monday, June 9, 2014

Carol saves Teddy

Carol has been part of RLRR for many years, and in her travels in Indian Country runs into animals that need her help. This is Carol's latest new friend:
TEDDY
NOTE FROM CAROL:
I want you to meet Teddy, a sweet german shepherd mix who found me at the Cass River Community Center on Saturday. He has demodex mange, which will require 6 weeks of daily medicine to treat. I found out from the teens he was with that no-one really owns him, and it was okay for me to take him. He happily left with me and stayed overnight in my outside kennel, with only a few low howls for complaints. 
MANGE ON HIS FACE
MANGE ON CHEST, LEGS, FEET
Sunday morning I drove him out to Red Lake Rosie's Rescue where Teddy will get the medical help he needs to move on and get adopted.
Teddy has a lovely temperament, and wanted to be my lap dog in the car on Sunday morning. I had to explain to this big lug that he could only have his paws and big old head in my lap if we wanted to stay on the road. I am so glad he found me, as his future without treatment would have been short and miserable.
Thank you to Red Lake Rosie's and Karen for being there to take him! Thank you to the supporters who give us the resources to help animals like Teddy who otherwise would have no future.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails