Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Heidi's first visit to Red Lake Rosie's Rescue

A week ago, I visited RLRR for my first time and what I saw was overwhelming, it seemed like a different world from down here in the cities. I was shocked to see how these animals had been treated and the lack of respect they must have dealt with on a daily basis. These animals’ struggle is a surreal one. I don’t have words to describe how grateful I am that Red Lake Rosie's Rescue is there to provide safety, basic needs, and love!

HEIDI AND KAREN'S PACKAfter having spent just a little time with the animals, my feelings of love and respect for animals as a whole was only confirmed. I am an animal lover because of the unconditional love animals give even after they’ve been wronged and mistreated. These animals have faced tremendous hardship, inhumane treatment, and indifference from most of the humans they have encountered, and yet when I met the animals I was not faced with aggression and anger. Instead there were wagging tails and cries of excitement.

JADENThanks to the positive attention they so badly need and are now getting at RLRR, they have the opportunity to start a new life. When you’d think these animals would have nothing left to give, they put a smile on your face. These animals have a determination to overcome the odds like nothing I have before encountered. They are truly an inspiration.

It is so important that people who want to see this suffering stop take real action and come up to RLRR to give these animals another glimpse of hope. Each person they meet that treats them as they should, like the angels they are, helps to show these animals that a normal animal life can be a reality. It’s amazing how far a little care and compassion goes with these sweethearts.

A week has gone by and I still can’t stop thinking about all the animals I met, and wish so badly I could be there to soothe their fears. I will never forget the experience I had that weekend and CANNOT WAIT to go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAREN WITH HERMAN AND HENRYSincerely
Heidi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visiting RLRR is truly a life-changing experience and I wish more
people would spend a day, a few hours with Karen, the pack, and the many shelter animals. My initial experience also brought many tears and heartbreaks, but also it made me determined to do whatever it takes to make a difference for each animal. This is
a promise I have made to myself and
to those animals who need help.

mteacup said...

Heidi - I know exactly how you feel! My first visit to RLR this fall and I fell in love with the place! The dogs and cats are very special up there.

I wish I could do more to help and get more people involved.

Jo Tallchief said...

It is incredible how they bounce back and are ready to get back in there and love again, the sweethearts. I love going out to Karen's. Aren't her dogs a pack of fun? :)

pitbull friend said...

Heidi: Thanks so much for your blog and for all of your hard work! I'm sure the animals loved having you there.
-Ellen (about to go to my 3d spay/neuter clinic at RLRR)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails