Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cassie & Cassie

Cassie is a 12th grade student who came to volunteer at the Animal Clinic. Cassie is a great girl and showed so much compassion and worked hard. She bathed many of the dogs that came in and did lots of animal care.

The first dog that Cassie took under her wing was a little dog that came in all matted and left with a complete makeover thanks to Cassie. The little dog became her namesake. Cassie dearly loved Cassie and took very good care of her.

The pup Cassie went to a Red Lake Rosie foster home and the girl Cassie has kept in touch.

Karen

NOTE FROM FOSTER HOME:
Dear Cassie,

Thank you soooo much for taking such good care of "Cassie", because of you she is so calm and confident. My name is Dino and I am fostering Cassie, as you can see by the photo attached we cleaned her up some more and gave her a haircut. Then we got her a harness with angel wings since she is such an beautiful girl.

Cassie is so special that I called a friend that adopted another dog from us, a small white Shih Tzu, and told her about Cassie. That friend J~ is on her way over to the office right now to meet Cassie, and she is bringing Oliver, the dog, too. J~ is a therapist and so Cassie will become a therapy dog just like Oliver is. J~ works with families that are going through some rough times, and it really helps to have a dog there to help them through it.

Your letter was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I will make sure J~ know how to keep in touch with you.

Dino

FROM CASSIE:
Dino,

Thank you so so so much for keeping me posted. I am so glad to know our little girl is hanging in there nicely. She will fit in as a therapy dog just fine considering she is very responsive to peoples' emotions.

I'm so happy that you are fostering her and that she has found the home she needs. I forgot to mention that on the res she was a stray that survived the winter outside with someone feeding her a little to keep her alive.

She looks so wonderful with her haircut and I am sure her wings will go far. I am so happy! Thank you for contacting me, I enjoy all the news I can get :)

Cassie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes us "older folks" so happy to see that there is a new generation of compassionate rescue people!! Thank you Cassie for being a leader.

mteacup said...

I had no idea Cassie was so young! You rock Cassie!

Mary

Anonymous said...

You are wonderful, Cassie. You
have such love, compassion, and
understanding of the needs of these
sweet animals.....you are their guardian angel. Thank you, Cassie!!

pitbull friend said...

What a great blog entry! Cassie the girl totally deserves recognition - she worked so hard and was so pleasant throughout the clinic. When she's home, btw, she and her mom volunteer with MARS rescue. -Ellen

mteacup said...

BTW, I love the share on facebook button!

Anonymous said...

thank you so much everyone! this is cassie btw. >.< i am so happy to see that people are pleased it makes me feel really good about myself. everyone on the trip worked their butts off and it was nice to be apart of a team and almost our own little family for a few days :) i cant wait to go in june!

Jo Tallchief said...

Cassie the pup looks like a Diva after her make-over. :) Such a cutie! But my favorite pick is of girl-Cassie and Pork Chop - awwwww! I love that pic! Thank you, everyone, for the postings! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails