Friday, October 30, 2009

Warrior transformed into Walker

WARRIORWARRIOR rescued 3 days ago, attacked in Red lake by the Trading post by 3 pitbulls, nearly dead- taken to vet and on pain meds and antibiotics- now getting better, sitting up- eating. A very, very nice sweet dog- juvenile black shep.

That was Karen's first note about this dog back in April 2009 and now we have an update from his new home:

WALKERJust want to thank you for rescuing (Warrior) Walker, the shepherd-mix dog found along a highway near Red Lake, MN. I brought him home in May, and he now lives with me, my brother, and two cats.

Walker is well-behaved and knows how to sit, shake hands, lay down, stay, plus a few other commands he's learning in obedience class. The obedience instructor is amazed at how quick Walker is to respond to her instructions.

Walker gets lots of exercise running and jogging with both my brother and me. He loves to wrestle and go to dog parks where he can run with other dogs, go swimming, and chase balls and sticks.

Again, thank you for your effort in helping lost and injured dogs.

Sincerely,
L


KAREN SAYS:
Thank you for the update on dear Walker aka Warrior. Yes, he is a very lucky boy- firstly to be alive after the extent of his injuries, then to get to go to All Dog Rescue, and finally to be adopted by you!! We are so happy for this wonderful dog. Walker had many people rooting for him early on!!

Sincerely, Karen Good and RLRR


CAROL SAYS:
Thank you so much for the note and pictures of Walker. I'm the one who found him alongside the road, and initially thought he had been hit by a car. He was a sweet dog at the time, and didn't try to bite me, even though it must have hurt when I moved him.

What a happy, healthy, beautiful animal he has become in your care! It always brings tears to my eyes to see the transformation in an animal that was in particularly bad shape. He was lucky to survive and find you!
Thanks for your care and love for Walker. Take care,

Carol

1 comment:

Sarah said...

WARRIOR!? Is that you??? WOW! What a transformation and what a wonderful story. I'm so happy for him. Thanks for adopting him and giving him a wonderful life!!! YAY!!! I'm so happy I want to cry. Lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails