Friday, October 16, 2009

Sweaters & Coats for Canines

Laura has a dog boarding business called Rescue Buddy Boarding & Beyond and she volunteers for Red Lake Rosie's Rescue. Please contact her if you are interested in contributing yarn for knitting, fleece for sewing or if you'd like to help create these sweaters and coats for canines.

LAURA SAYS:
Here is my mom, Janice and all of the sweaters she has knit so far to keep the puppies at Red Lake Rosie's Rescue warm this winter. She is enjoying having something to keep her hands busy while she cheers on the Vikings, Cornhuskers, or whatever team happens to be playing. She does have instructions if anyone would like to help. Thanks mom!

OK so this is what I have done so far-arrange fabric in neat piles. Mom wins. I will be sewing coats out of fleece because knitting was never my thing. But my first business was "Seams Right", a dressmaking/alterations business, so I should be able to whip up some coats in no time. And yes mom taught me to sew when I was quite young. Her mother was a dressmaker too.

The coats and sweaters will be traveling to Red Lake this week for a modeling session and photo shoot. Then we will know more about what styles and sizes work best for Karen's little ones. If any of you have sewing skills or love to knit let me know. Extra fleece or yarn would be appreciated too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The coats and blankets are gorgeous. Can some of them be
sold at the February Pet Expo in
the cities in February to raise
funds for Karen? Thanks.

Jo Tallchief said...

That is awesome! I'll contact you in December. Hopefully I'll have time then to help out. Goodness knows it does get cold here ... :) Thank you for all your hard work! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails