Monday, October 12, 2009

Rae Ann is a nice name -- for a GIRL!

One evening the phone rang, and a very anxious young boy was on the other end of the line. He said, "Is this Rosie's Rescue?" I replied, "Yes, can I help you?"

He said, "There is a bigger kitten that I saw down by the fisheries, and it is crawling and cannot walk!- Can you find her please and help her?" I asked him who he was and he replied, "Robert". I reassured him that I would do all I could. It was getting dusk and I knew that it would soon be dark and I was 37 miles from the site that he described.

I called Polly who lives in Red Lake and told her the situation, and she immediately went to look. She was not successful that night.

She went again the next day, still no sign of the injured kitten.

Well, Polly does not give up easily, so she went back a third time, and this time meowed and made kitten noises, and Rae Ann came crawling out of the bushes. She was still alive!!

Rae Ann came to the shelter that day and on to the vet the following day. X-rays revealed that she had a broken pelvis.

Once again, Dr. Vickie of Act V in Bloomington, MN came to our aid and took little Rae Ann on the transport of September 19.

Thank you Robert for taking the time to call Rosie's and for the persistance of Polly which paid off, and to Dr. Vickie of Act V who has helped many Red Lake animals in need of vet care. Also to the faithful transporters, O'Sullivans, Barbara Olson, and Dee Dee who got Rae Ann on to Act V.

We look forward to hearing how Rae Ann turned out.

Sincerely, Karen

UPDATE ON RAE ANN:
Rae Ann is a BOY named Dexter now -- Oops! Sorry about that buddy. He's doing great. He'll have one hip higher up than the other but he walks fine. He's up for adoption.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on Rae Ann/
Dexter.....what a trooper!!

Jo Tallchief said...

Polly's determination is beyond awesome. I've seen her in action on the most bitter cold day of the winter and she won't quit until she gets her mittens on that animal. :) And she will keep going back and back again. Polly and Karen are heroes around here! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails