Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Treacherous transport

December 15 was challenging and frightening- I had 17 little furballs from Red Lake Rosie's Rescue in the transport van enroute to Minneapolis and hit a major ice storm in Bemidji. I got stuck on an exit ramp and could not advance forward. Car pileups were all over the freeway, but I had to walk for help.

CLYDE AND BONNIE
BONNIE AND CLYDE

Thankfully, I got to the O'Sullivans who were parked waiting for me and we were able to get the van and load of animals to the Animal Care Clinic and Bemidji Animal hospital for boarding overnight.

DENNY
DUFFY
The O'Sullivans also had a load of 8 Leech Lake and Bemidji Pound animals who were supposed to ride out, but they were boarded for the night, too.

ILLIAD
IMAGINE
ISIS
We called everyone to cancel the transport and I spent the night at the O'Sullivans hoping for better weather the next day.  Althought a number of animals remained at the shelter I had fed, watered and cleaned all dog and cat areas before leaving.

ESTHER
ADRIAN
We are all safe- both people and animals! WHEW!

KITTIES
Thank you to all transporters and rescues for understanding.

NANCY, TERRI, JOHN
Peace- Karen

1 comment:

Adrian Meli said...

What a scare-glad you all made it through safely. Happy new year and thanks for continuing to save all the dogs in need out there.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails