Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dakota finds a family

Dear Denise:

In September 2006, I got a report of a stray collie in Little Rock on the reservation. I had no place to put him as all kennels were full so I stopped to visit him daily to feed and water him. He was a wonderful dog! One day when I arrived to see him, he had a large wound on his head. I immediately put him in the backseat, and took him home.

Minnesota Wisconsin Collie Rescue quickly responded and today Dakota is adopted by a loving family. He has a number of medical issues, but his new family does all they can to make his life more comfortable and full of love!

Karen and RLRR



NOTE from Dakota's family:

Dakota still has his seizures. We have tried everything. We are at the point that whatever makes him happy, we do. Nothing seems to make a difference. He has been to a Neurologist at the U of M. The Holistic Vet at the U of M also. He also went to a Holistic vet in Blaine MN. We are now treating him with medication and good food.

I wish in the beginning I would have spent the money and did the MRI, but at $1500, there were no guarentees what it would show and the neurologist, said it would not make a difference in his treatment. We have now spent over that in different tests, lab work, medicine.

They don't know if the seizures were a direct result from the head injury in came in with. He is also Hypothyroid, so he is on medication for that also.

He is a very sweet dog that has come along way in the 2 years I have had him. He was afraid of everything. He still runs away when I shake out any clothes, or if my husband pokes at the fire.

Tell Karen, I owe her big time. Dakota has brought much love, friendship and taught us much. We love him. He is the reason I'm so involved in rescue.

L

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We are 2 Maltese dogs and LoLLy is a rescue. We just wanted to say Dakota we were very happy to read how much your humans obviously love you. We know Dakota thanks her lucky stars every day for letting you adopt her. Thanks for all you do. Love, Your PaLs, LuLu and LoLLy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails