Sunday, September 26, 2010

First of Junebug's pups is adopted

Pregnant Junebug went to ARVSS and had eleven pups. Skipper is the first to be adopted.

UPDATE FROM ADOPTER:
Hello!! Wow what a crazy few days we've had! My daughter was so excited when she finally got to meet the puppy. They have been best buds ever since.

We are still working on potty training and have had a few accidents, but both my daughter and Skipper have been little troopers. (I kept his name and he seems to be responding to it now) I have another snuggler at night/day with me and it actually works out great for potty training. He will start bouncing around which wakes us up and we know it's time to go out.

We haven't had to crate him much since we have been home but when he has been in there he's not been very happy. I'm going to start leaving the tv on for him so there's some voices he can hear, I think it's a big adjustment going from having all his siblings to by himself in his crate.

His NEW big brother is slowly adjusting but today they were zooming around the yard and wrestling. We have found playing fetch is a new favorite, he took to the concept right away! Big kitty sister still doesn't know what to think and stays up high and out of reach mostly but comes down to have a sniff once in a while.

He will have his first vet appointment on Friday. It's amazing how long it's been since I've had a puppy in my house, I forgot about about how much fun it is for them to eat EVERYTHING or at least try to. We're slowly remembering though. It's been so far so good and I'm glad I found ARVSS
!! I'll keep you updated on our progress.

Thanks again!
C~

SECOND UPDATE:
I wanted to give you an update on my Skipper. We're approaching the 3-week mark and oh how our lives changed since that little fluffy boy came home!

Skipper is learning (ever so slowly) about potty training. I think it's more training us to remember to take him out, than it is him having accidents. We havn't quite figured out how he tells us yet he has to go, but he's very good about going when he is let out. His big brother, Bailey used to run out the door and down the street every chance he got, but since Skipper came, he hasn't taken off once (knock on wood). He'll trot out to the back yard with his little brother in tow. Especially at night because we seem to be a bit afraid of the big dark yard.

Even though they spend a lot of time outdoors during the day, their favorite game is wrestling tag INSIDE! Baily will knock Skipper down then run the other way, with Skip chasing, he gets in his licks then makes a mad dash to the couch, jumps up and the whole thing continues. Needless to say we have utilized our crate for time-outs.

Otherwise things are going very well, he's eating like a little horse and those paws of his are getting very big. He'll be getting his last round of shots next month, so we can start going to the dog park to run (instead of the living room).

C~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails