Monday, September 6, 2010

Chester at the lake

Chester was rescued by Red Lake Rosie's Rescue from being dumped in the country or shot when his owner was evicted. Life is certainly looking up since then!

I thought this photo was appropriate for the last vacation day of summer and this great dog is still available for adoption from Pet Haven.

Here is a photo of what dear Chester has been up to at his foster's cabin.

Laura
Rescue Buddy Boarding


Chester
Black Labrador Retriever [Mix]

Size: Med-large
Age: Adult
Sex: Male

Please request an online application at dogs@pethavennmn.org.

Age: 5 yrs old
Good with dogs: yes
Good with cats: Unknown
Good with kids: I love kids and people of all ages.
Weight: 40lbs -- a perfect size for city dwellers.
Name/Nicknames: Chester

My Story: I came all the way from the Red Lake Reservation. My owner did not want me any more and was going to drop me off in a field.

Hobbies: I am in love with life and enjoying all the new experiences of the city. My foster has even taken me up north to a cabin. I got to swim in a lake, too.

Commands/Tricks: So far I have not had any formal training, but I do know sit. Walking on a leash is what I am working on now. It is going pretty well with a Gentle Leader.

Crate / Potty Trained: I am totally housetrained and can be left with free roam of the house while you are at work.

Activity Level: . Medium. Daily exercise is always welcomed. I love those walks around the neighborhood.

Fun things I do: Going for walks, swimming in the lake, car rides, dog parks, whatever you are up to I am glad to tag along. I totally love swimming, so trips to the lake would be a plus. And, I stick around off-leash, too.

Socialization / who I currently live with: I live with my foster dad right now. But I have lived with other dogs and kids too. I have spent lots of time at my foster's cabin. Look at me in the boat.

Chester is attending Pet Haven's medium/large dog adoption events and his adoption fee is $300 (cash or check only) and includes spay/neuter, heartworm check, current vaccinations, and microchip and registration.

Due to post-adoption services provided, it is Pet Haven's policy to only place dogs into homes within a 60-mile radius of the Twin Cities area.

Chester is up-to-date with routine shots, house trained and spayed/neutered.

Pet Haven Inc. of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN
952-831-3825
dogs@pethavenmn.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pet Haven is happy to announce that Chester found his forever home this past week. He is living with a young woman that just moved here from NYC. They live by Lake Calhoun so Chester can still partake in his new favorite sport swimming.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails