Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 18 transport

Once again Barb and Nancy came through with transports of animals and
food for Red Lake Rosie's Rescue. Lauren is now coordinating the transports
and did a super job as well.

I met Nancy and another member of the Beltrami Humane Society Board of Directors, Michelle, in Bemidji and she went on to meet Barbara in Motley, the usual trek. She took out 9 dogs and puppies on to their destinations.

SHORTYNorthwoods Humane Society took Shorty and Roma, 2 pups that came in over the past few days.

COSMOSMary Wick is fostering Cosmos for Secondhand Hounds. Tony brought Cosmos to the shelter on Thursday night as an unwanted surrender. He had the nicest personality and Mary reports that he is romping in the backyard this evening.

TASIATAHARIPatti Simonette of Second Hand Dog took 2 juvenile husky/sheps named Tasia and Tahari. The girls came in last week from the Red lake holding pens. Tasia had an injured front leg. Both girls are beautiful, well-adjusted dogs.

SHAWNEEDr. Vickie of Act V once again stepped up and took Shawnee, a puppy that came in last evening not eating, vomiting, and very listless.

WHITE FANGShe also took White Fang a very lovely white shepherd pup that was stray in Ponemah. I made a trip to Ponemah to return the two mama dogs which I spayed and picked up White Fang at the request of a resident there.

NATALIE & REEDLast, but not least Natalie and Reid (named for our friends from Capella University) were accepted in foster care through MARS. These two have been at the shelter for a while recuperating from mange. They are very sweet mixes, and are now going on to a potential family.

Thank you to all the rescuers and transporters who make these rescues
possible.

Karen

1 comment:

Jo Tallchief said...

PUPPIES! I think my big challenge is that I'm a pup addict. There, I've said it. I love dogs, cats, kittens, birds - but I have to suppress my urge to pup hoard when I see puppies. It's my challenge in life & it's always a test going out to Karen's. Sometimes I think, "She won't miss just one ...." Yeah, she will! She has super keen mind powers. And she'd know it was me, so I won't go there with her. I hope all these little sweethearts find great homes! Thx for the update! ^_^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails