Monday, August 31, 2009

Don't shoot Skipper

This dog was left in a crate on the driveway at Red Lake Rosie's Rescue with a note attached: "Daddy wants to shoot Skipper because his teeth are falling out."

Skipper went to the RLRR clinic, was neutered, got rabies and DHPP shots, and was wormed. He got brushed out and bathed, but Karen was worried. "There are very few places to send poor little Skipper. He is and older dog, 20-25 lbs. He is a little unsure at first, but gains confidence when he realizes you will not hurt him. Gets along well with the other animals at the shelter." Everyone was relieved when Pet Haven agreed to take him in and now we have an update.

FROM PET HAVEN:
Hi Karen ! I thought you would enjoy this update on Skipper ! He is boarding at Auntie Ruth's doggie day care until Monday when he will go to his foster home. We thought he would enjoy staying there while he recovered from his dental (he had 6 teeth pulled).

Auntie Ruth's has a room where they have all the older dogs and the ones that are recovering from surgeries and things. There is a rocking chair in it for snuggling and the dogs can go outside at their leisure.

It has a large glass window to view them through and it is one of my favorite places to be because the view is soooo cute! There are always lots of the white faces of older dogs and dogs of all kinds- there are even raised beds for napping on.. I should take a picture of it for you.

As you can tell- they absolutely LOVE him there :)

I am going to stop by there tomorrow to meet little Skipper. Thanks sooo much for letting Pet Haven have him !

Kindly,
Ann
FROM AUNTIE RUTH'S:
Oh, Ann, you are going to fall in love with this little boy. He is the most precious thing ever. I went to see him one last time before I leave for the weekend and he just melts my heart everytime. He has definitely warmed up over the last day and he was chasing me around outside and just had a BIG smile on his face the whole time. I cuddled him and kissed his face and told him how lucky he is. I can't wait for you to meet him.

He's been out in the room with all the other dogs and doing great. He is still a little growly but not consistently and he hasn't even attempted to snap at anyone. We were thinking maybe he's got some bad eyes or something that is just keeping him a little unsure about what's going on around him, but he is wonderful other than that.

Hope you have a good weekend and you can let anyone know who was worried about him that Skipper is getting all the love in the world!! :)

A.
Auntie Ruth's Animal Care & Wellness Centers
12207 Minnetonka Blvd
Minnetonka, MN 55305

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~ Anatole France

3 comments:

rilera said...

What sort of parent would threaten to shoot his child's pet? What a LOSER! I'm glad Skipper has a new lease of love. He sounds like a wonderful dog.

Denise said...

I expected lots of comments on this post! I wanted it to be shocking.

I'm so glad Skipper is getting a second chance at a good life and I also appreciate the effort made by someone in his original family to rescue Skipper from his fate.

Jo Tallchief said...

I'm not shocked. When my mother grew up here they lost about 4 of their dogs from other ppl shooting them out of JEALOUSY. In my extended family we've lost 3 dogs from other people shooting them. I look at Skipper and can't help but think that someone was probably kicking him. I've come across that kind of person, too. They'll get theirs, don't worry. ^_^ I hope carma runs over their toes real, real soon. ^_^

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails