Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy ending for the parvo pup, Willow

Willow is a beagle that was rescued and brought to the shelter. She had "full blown" parvo on arrival. I got her medical help, sub-cu feeding, and had her in isolation in the upyard. Well- the little darling survived and went to All Dog Rescue for foster care!!

Karen

UPDATES FROM ALL DOG RESCUE:
Hi Karen,

I am fostering Willow who I renamed June, she is everything you said she was!

She is such a lover and so happy to be alive, its hard to imagine a week ago she was so sick! June hasn't had any accidents and was a perfect girl sleeping on the floor of my bedroom last night.

Thanks for saving this sweet girl, I will let you know how she continues to progress.

Sonya
All Dog Rescue
www.alldogmn.org

Hi Sonya:
Yes, she is a doll. I tried to sleep with her one night, and she loved me so much she always wanted to lick my face. I agree- she was near death on arrival, and when she got better---boy did she appreciate life!!!

Thank you Karen :)
Hi Karen,

I just wanted to give you another update on June... it was a very close call as I fell in love with her within an hour! What an awesome dog. I brought her to my parent's house on Tuesday evening for a BBQ with a bunch of friends from their church.

June was quite the social butterfly greeting everyone and stopping for belly rubs! She quickly won over the heart of a 6 year old girl whose lap she sat on for 30 minutes, they weren't looking for a dog, but I was instructed to bring the dog over to their house after the kids went to bed to meet the mom. June quickly snuggled up on the sofa to the mom and it was a done deal!

She found a great home with 3 school age girls to call her own, the oldest girl is 13and in 4H and is excited about doing some dog training with her! I am just ecstatic for her to find this home and the best part is... I get to dog sit so I will get to see her a lot. She goes home Sunday and I don't think I could part with her if I didn't know she found a perfect home!

Thank you for saving yet another life and making some cute kids very happy!
Sonya
All Dog Rescue

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so pleased for Willow/June.
Thank you, Karen, and thank you to
June's foster and new adoptive
family. Lots of people are following this little girl's story....hope to continue to get updates.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

As Willow's new "dad" I thought I would post a brief update. She has been renamed Freya and is doing great. She is wonderful with our kids, quite snuggly, and loves to go for walks around the neighborhood. She charms everyone she meets and loves new people.

Steve

Jo Tallchief said...

Look at the personality in that little face! What a sweetie. :) This is an awesome story. Thx for being there for Willow/June! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails