Friday, February 27, 2009

Arial, the sweetest pit mom, is now Emma

Back in August 2008 when HSUS/RAVS (Humane Society of the United States - Rural Area Vet Services) was at Red Lake for a weeklong spay/neuter clinic, a brindle and white pit-mix dog and her many tiny puppies came in with no owner to take responsibility for them.
We called her Arial and she impressed everyone with her kind and gentle manner even in a kennel with her pups and dozens of barking dogs all around. We were so happy when one of the Ravs volunteers, Sue, took the family home with her to Illinois.

All updates have been positive. The pups are all adopted and Arial, now Emma, has been restored to health. Sue wants to especially thank Carol of Red Lake who rescued Emma and her pups and brought them to the clinic.
Sue says:
Hi Karen,
I was wondering if you could give me the contact info for Carol. I would like to get in touch with her and thank her for picking Emma and her puppies up from the housing complex last July. I have a really cute picture of Emma with Santa that I will email you. She should be an ambassador for her breed! She loves everything and everyone. Thank you so much for giving us this wonderful dog!!!
SueCarol responds:
I'm glad to hear that Emma has a home where you are so enthusiastic about her! I remember I had to crawl on my stomach under a low porch to retrieve the last of her puppies. I'd love to see a picture of her as a healthy and happy pet. Do you know where her puppies ended up? Thanks for taking a chance on her. I've met some wonderful, loving pit bulls while doing rescue. I wish more people could have that type of experience with the breed and realize that it is the owners who are the problem with the vicious ones. Take care,
CarolFROM EMMA'S NEW FAMILY:
We love Emma! She has an elf hat on in one of the pictures. Christmas is her favorite Holiday.... so far anyway!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails