Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Pause 4 Paws Spring Fundraiser May 2

In January 2010, a volunteer from Red Lake Rosie’s Rescue (RLRR) emailed me a picture of an adorable dog that needed a home. He had been abused and abandoned. He lived in a church parking lot for three months, until he was rescued by RLRR. I adopted Oliver a couple of weeks later and he has been an amazing gift to me and my family.
I have a brother with special needs; Oliver is extremely protective of my brother and the two of them have a very special relationship. Nothing brings a smile faster to my brother’s face than when he hears Oliver running towards him.
A few months later, I decided to adopt a cat. I fell in love with Gizmo; she was a kitty I found on RLRR’s website. Her foster mom said Gizmo had the worst ear mites she had ever seen. She is a little cat with a BIG personality. She thinks she is a dog: she comes to her name, she greets me at the door, she loves to be held and she wants to be the center of attention….always. Oliver and Gizmo are the best of friends and they truly are my “kids with fur.”
In March 2011, I was at a fundraiser with my good friend, Kristin Haertel. She purchased a private concert with a local musician as a gift for me. It was at that time I decided to turn the private concert into a fundraiser to benefit animals. I called four of my dear friends together and shared my idea with them. These ladies ran with it and Pause 4 Paws was formed. My idea of a little fundraiser turned into a non-profit organization and lofty goals have been set for its future.

Pause 4 Paws raises funds to assist animal shelters and rescue organizations that are dedicated and passionate about saving and improving the lives of dogs and cats.

Founder – Jill E. Goldstein

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails