Friday, November 16, 2012

Cheyenne Alicia checks in

NOTE FROM ADOPTERS OF CHEYENNE ALICIA:
We are writing to just give you an update to let you know how our little Cheyenne formerly known as Alicia is doing. Nearly two years since we adopted her and two years since you rescued her; Cheyenne is still thriving as our little girl. She is still coming out of her protective shell she had been in for so long. In fact, this time we are going to let her write this update. Here she is…

Hi guys, Cheyenne here. I’m fine. My forever mommy and daddy say I can write this update this time. Isn’t that great? I love my forever family. I love living in the country on 18 acres. We have lots of trees where my big brother Damie can pee on. We get to run around with our mommy or daddy or both, but never alone. Mommy and daddy say we can’t just run free into the woods because we might get hurt or hurt other animals. I don’t want to hurt anything, but I do like to sniff. Every night when we go out into our fenced backyard before bedtime we see, hear and smell all kinds of wildlife. There are deer, armadillos, bobcats, foxes, raccoons, rabbits and lots and lots of different kinds of birds. We even have two small birds living on our patio in our rolled up bamboo blind. My mommy and daddy love animals and we have two big deer feeders on our property that shoots out corn for them and small critters that come here. We also have lots of bird feeders and houses. Everyone is welcome. Last night, we heard coyotes yipping out in our woods not too close and not too far away. Last month, I found a turtle in our backyard when we were on our walk with mommy. I didn’t know what it was. I don’t think the turtle was afraid of me; he just kept crawling along while I kept nudging at it. It finally crawled away off into the high grass we keep for small critters to live in. Last month, I also met fireflies. Wow! I was so scared. I didn’t know what they were. They kept buzzing around me and chasing me and their butts were on fire. Finally, I chased them away.

I am such a lucky girl. I never knew there ever could be anything like this. Every morning I get to wake up from my spot at the foot of my mommy and daddy’s big comfy bed with big brother Damon with me. Every night I get to sleep on the big comfy bed with mommy, daddy and Damie and sometimes Princess, when she feels like it. Princess is my very older sister, but she is so small. She is a cat. She says she knows everything. I believe her because she is 18 years old and has been with our mommy and daddy for 18 years. They rescued her from a kill shelter a long, long, long time ago. She is a lucky girl too. Sadly, my older, but little brother Charlie died in late July. He had lung cancer and went quickly and peacefully at home. My mommy and daddy took care of him until he died. He was 17. I miss him so much. He always played with me and Damon. Did I ever tell you that when mommy and daddy first brought me home that Charlie was the first one to greet me? I was so scared. I was so scared to go into the house because I had been outside my whole life. My new mommy and daddy had placed a comfy dog bed near the back door for me. I was so scared that I stayed on that bed. My first five minutes in my new home, Charlie the cat had come up to me and rubbed himself against me and nuzzled me too. He made me feel safe. Now he is gone.

I know how to sit, stay and stop on command. Mommy taught me. I also know how to come when they call me, which mommy and daddy says is really important. I still don’t know how to shake on command, but that is not on my agenda yet. I do know how to do it without being told to. I also know the commands used with only hand signals. Mommy and daddy said I am very smart girl. I am a very happy girl, too. Every day I get to play with my big brother Damon in our yard. He gets really crazy sometimes. He doesn’t know how to relax and conserve his energy. I am an expert at that. Sometimes he gets so rough, but I can hold my own. I yell at him and he stops, for a minute or two. He is great. I just love him. I go everywhere with him. We also get to walk with mommy or daddy or both around our property for exercise. Thanks to Damon, I am learning how to snuggle. Snuggling is great! I love to nuzzle mommy and daddy’s face. I also really, really like belly rubs. They are so great! I also love to chase mommy and daddy when they walk away from me and I sing at them for not to leave me. They are so good to me. They talk to me and tell me how much they love me. My favorite part of the day is when mommy finishes working and hugs me and Damon at the same time. I love that! I love when daddy comes home; mommy lets us go outside and greet daddy when he gets out of his car. I always sing to him. Damon always brings him a present: one of our stuffed toys. We have lots and lots of toys. My favorite is a stuffed football and a stuffed hedgehog. They’re so cushy. I love everything. Mommy and daddy says my eyes open real wide when I see something new because it is new to me. I’m used to riding in the car now and even like it. I especially like to come up front and put my face in between the front seats to get the cool air from the air conditioning on a hot day! I don’t think I’ll ever love car rides as much as my big brother, Damon does, but I’ll always go wherever he does anyway. He is my buddy, my pal and I will go with him anywhere because he is 7 and he knows everything, too. I’m still a baby, mommy and daddy says, because I never had a family before.

I love living down south. The summers are very hot, but I have my very own kiddie pool just for me, but I share it with Damon. We also go to the beach and I love walking along the shore in the sand and going in the water. Don’t drink the water or lick the sand. Yuck! I miss the snow from Minnesota, but I love my forever family more than I miss the snow. Florida is beautiful. My mommy took some photos of me to send with this. I hope you like them. Thank you so much for rescuing me! I am very, very happy now!

Love,

Cheyenne Alicia

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story and such a
happy new beginning for Cheyenne....an incredible family.
When I read "everyone is welcome"
I knew that Cheyenne had found the
best home in the world. Thank you
all for making Cheyenne's dream
home and dream family come true!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I shall not forget the day Mike and I got her- from Barton's Housing Project. The owner no longer wanter Alicia and her sister so we took both to the shelter.

I really had more hope for her sister than Alicia, as she seemed distant, and definately disconnected from people-

But--- Now look at her! I am so happy for Alicia Cheyenne!

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne is such a lucky girl! She is truly blessed! And so is the family that adopted her! We're so very happy for you, little girl.

Anonymous said...

I love it!
Cheyenne Alicia was probably distant because she hadn't found a forever family yet with the patience and heart to love her.
You go girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails