Monday, November 12, 2012

Little Millie is happy to be Emmy Lou

Kariin and her family adopted Millie, a little puppy from Red Lake Rosie's Rescue, from Red Wing Humane Society. Millie came in to the shelter with fleas, dehydrated and malnourished. Millie is so happy now and well cared for. Her survival as a stray on the reservation this coming winter would have been doubtful. Makes it all worthwhile!

Karen

ADOPTER WRITES:
Thank you, thank you for the info! I've attached a few pictures for you. She loves her rawhide chews, so she is chewing them in most of the pics. :) My son and daughter are in a couple of the pictures with her. You're welcome to use any of them on your blog!

What a sad story about Millie. She has only been with us for a few days, but is doing fabulously. She had some dandruff when we got her, but I've given her a bath in a moisturizing shampoo and the dandruff is now gone. She is a whopping 12 pounds now, which is up almost a pound since we got her from the HS on Sunday. She was at the vet today for an initial checkup and she is free from intestinal parasites and doing great.

As you can see, she gets LOTS of attention at our house! Two of our three outdoor cats are a little unsure of her - but I'm sure they'll warm up in due time! She will be primarily an indoor dog at our house, so no cold winters for her.

I'm a stay-at-home mom, so am home with her most of the day. Our daily routine is that either myself or my husband has been getting up with her once each night to let her out. We joke that it's kind of like having a new baby - but easier - since she goes back to her crate so easily, unlike a newborn! ha!

We take morning and afternoon 'walks' to the end of our driveway, which is VERY long - and seems to be as far as she can handle so far. A lot of times I have to carry her part of the way back.... :)

Otherwise, she spends her time chewing rawhide, playing and napping. And every afternoon she joins us in the car to go pick up my daughter from Kindergarten. She usually naps then, too!

We chose a different name for her, as Millie is also the name of one of the kids' babysitters... it was a little confusing. :) So she is now Emmy Lou. We usually just call her Emmy. Again, I can't thank you enough for letting me know more about her life before she came to us. It sounds like before she found you, it was pretty dire.

The work you are doing up there is sooo appreciated by both canine and human folk!! I'd love to follow your blog, so if you could send me the link, I'd be happy to send more pics of her as I get more.

Thanks again! Kariin

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails