Thursday, January 15, 2009

Camille at home as Hazelnut

Camille came to Pet Haven from Red Lake Rosie's Rescue in the spring when she took on the job of nursing some orphaned kittens. Now she has found a permanent home and is known as Hazelnut or Hazel.

Hi A:

I got your phone message and figured I would email back so I can attach pictures of Hazel in her new life. The first week has gone really well with Hazel. By the first evening she was out walking around the apartment. For the first few nights she was up late meowing a lot, but has calmed down quite a bit in the last couple of nights.She has definitely become more comfortable here, exploring the apartment and rarely hiding even when she hears loud noises. She has even begun playing with her toys (especially those soft golf balls). We bought her one of those scratching posts (like you have), but with a round bed on top. See spends a lot of time napping in that and it's by the window so she can people watch.No real issues with her. She has taken to her litter box just fine, only scratches the scratching post, and is eating regularly. The only thing was the late night meowing, but that has pretty much gone away. I think that she is the sweetest, nicest cat I have ever had or ever met. K. and I are very happy that we adopted her.
Let me know if you have any questions or advice to give regarding her. I think you did a great job of domesticating her as she is a sweet, loving and well behaved cat.

My best,
J.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails