Thursday, January 23, 2014

Aussie on the Rez

I got a tip from a Red Lake man in Bemidji that a collie was apparently dumped off on Highway 15 on the Red Lake Reservation while cars passed him by.  The dog apparently ran frantically up and down the road. 
It was dangerously cold that night with the wind chill, but I set out in search of the dog fearing it would not survive the night. I drove up and down the road and could not find him, but I posted a reward for the dog.
I got a call on New Year’s Eve saying that they had found the dog very cold on the road.  I went to get him and named him Aztec.  
He was lucky to find placement with the Aussie Rescue of Minnesota. This beautiful dog will have better days ahead.

Karen Good RLRR

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aztec is an absolute beauty!! Thanks for not giving up on him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails