Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Coco: Warm and Comforting

Here are some pictures and a little info from the young lady who adopted Teasle-they are very happy together. Teasle was, to me, very special. If ever I would have kept a cat for myself-she was the one. But I'm very happy she found a home of her own.

Peace to all creatures, Barbara Bowman

NOTE FROM ADOPTER:
I first saw Teasle on Petfinder in late July of this year. I thought she was so cute and her description sounded like a perfect fit for me (I work long hours so I needed a cat that would be fine home alone all day, but I wanted one that would hang out with me when I was actually home).

I contacted Pet Haven and they put me in contact with her foster, Barbara. We made a plan for me to come visit Teasle, and once I did, I knew for sure that she was the perfect cat for me. I officially adopted Teasle right before Labor Day and it has been a wonderful three months!

My family and friends had a lot of fun thinking up a new name for her. My mom wanted to call her Joe after Joe Mauer because she is a polydactyl and her paws look like a catcher's mitt. I decided to call her Coco because she is warm and comforting like a cup of hot chocolate.

Coco is very social, she loves when I have family or friends over to my place. She will pick a person, jump up on their lap and be content to remain curled up there the whole night, occasionally drooling from sheer bliss. Other times she moves from person to person, trying to get some attention from everyone.

I never feel lonely with Coco around, she provides plenty of entertainment and companionship. She is very good at making just enough room for her to fit between me and the edge of the bed at night or for her to lay almost on top of the computer when it is on my lap. She can be very talkative and loves to play with stuffed mice. I tied one to the back of a chair so it dangles at her eye level and she loves to bat it around. Coco is my furry alarm clock; I never have to worry about sleeping in too late, she lets me know when it is time to wake up and feed her.

All in all, Coco is a delight and I am so happy to have her in my life.

K~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teasle is so sweet- Thank you Pet Haven, and Barb for loving her, and finding her a new home--

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails