Monday, April 2, 2012

Sympathy for Sharae

When I made my very first trip to Red Lake Rosie's Rescue a few years ago, I knew it was a life-changing event. It wasn't just the beautiful wild surroundings or amazing Karen or the animals being helped, there was also a spark of a girl named Sharae.

SHARAE & KARENShe was a young Native girl who traveled around the reservation with us sharing stories of animal neglect and abuse. When I met her mother at a later clinic, I gave her my number so we could keep in touch and we have.

To my shock and sorrow, Sharae called Sunday morning to let me know that, without warning, her 39-year-old mother Sara had died in her sleep. I didn't know Sara well personally, but I know very well how hard she worked to support her family and much she loved and wanted the best for Sharae.

I hope those of you who have met Sharae at Red Lake Rosie Rescue or at the clinics or transports or events in the Twin Cities will keep her in your thoughts and consider sending a card of support in this time of terrible grief.

Sharae
P.O. Box 1037
Red Lake, MN 56671

SHARAE & BARBARAI also want to extend my sympathies to Sharae's dad and brother. I hope you can all support each other.

Denise
RLRR blog editor

3 comments:

pitbull friend said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this! Thanks for letting us know, Denise.

Anonymous said...

Condolences to Sharae and her family on her great loss! Thank you to Denise for being such a great support for her through this.

Anonymous said...

We are very sorry to hear of this
loss, and are thinking of Sharae and her family. Yes, Denise, we
are all extremely grateful for the
love,nuturing,and friendship you have provided Sharae......what you
have given her will help her through the tough days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails