Sunday, January 24, 2010

In memory of Casey

Here is a picture of Casey when we rescued him tied out on a chain with no bedding at this time of year three years ago. He was covered with many many scars and we think he was being used as a "bait dog".

CASEY AS HE WAS FOUNDPam of Pleading Paws drove all the way up north to transport Casey and some other dogs. He found him a great home.

Karen
Hi Karen!

Casey, the black lab that was found tied to a tree on a slab of ice was adopted by his foster mom and he had the best life with his forever family. Boy, did they spoil him!

Unfortunately, I just learned that he passed away on Dec. 22, 2009 from cancer of the jaw. He will be missed very, very much by all who met him!

I’ve attached some photos of him. He turned into a beautiful dog!

Thank-you for helping out the animals and all you do for them!

All the best to you and the animals in 2010!

Pam

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Casey.....you will always be in our thoughts.

Jo Tallchief said...

Thank you to everyone involved in Casey's rescue. He could have died chained to a tree, but instead he had 3 great years in a loving home and was comfortable and cared for. Thank you again, everyone. This story is a little sad, but I'm still happy that Casey had finally found a good home.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I was with Pam when she did this transport. Casey stole the hearts of everyone who met him! He was so gentle and loving for everything he went thru. I also know his foster mom and she is such a loving person and does spoil the furkids! He was one lucky dog to have found her!
Having a dog who I lost to jaw cancer I KNOW what all went thru.
So sad, but personally knowing everyone involved in this rescue he was one lucky dog. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so very sad to hear that Casey has left us....I met him when I helped transport him to a vet. appt. He was so very loving and wanted to sit in my lap the whole time we were driving.
What was amazing is that after the horrible treatment he had faced in his life he was still able to be a loving happy guy. It's good to know that he ended up living a life full of love and happiness. Wendy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails