Thursday, January 7, 2010

Daisy

Here are some pics of Daisy--I heard that she is adopted. This is great news. She was the little girl we hunted down after the owners said when we asked about her, "oh she is out dying someplace" Well- she turned out to be beautiful and she is certainly NOT dying! Colleen and I got her to the November clinic and she daily got better, over her mange, malnourishment, and her fear.

She went to Pet Haven and was adopted to a family with a fenced-in yard and another dog.

We are so happy to hear this.

Karen and RLRR

FROM PET HAVEN:
Hi Karen! Daisy has a new home! Her dad just sent me these pictures of Daisy and her sister, Alex, a 6-month-old sweet Irish Wolf Hound. She has a spirit like Daisy so I think they will get along well.

It is the nicest home with a big fenced-in backyard. Daisy and Alex will go two days a week to doggy day care while "Dad" is at work and he goes often to the dog park so Daisy will always have lots of playtime with other dogs. I really like this home. He is kind. I took Daisy there yesterday.

I will pass on anything he sends me.

Ann

NOTE FROM ADOPTER:
Well, Ann, Things are going swimmingly here. Little Daisy has settled in so nicely and she and Alex have been playing almost non-stop in the back yard. She is eating well and sleeping well and no accidents. Here are a few pictures for you.

I know that you must hear this a lot, but words can not say how pleased I am and what a dream dog Daisy is. She is so sweet and has bonded to both me and Alex so well. She and Alex stay together at the dog park, they sleep together at night, love to ride in the car, and Daisy has a ball at day care. Needless to say everyone at daycare thinks that she is the best dog ever.

She really is my dream dog for myself and Alex. Since she has been here, she and Alex must have had a talk because Alex has stopped peeing in the house and Daisy is totally housetrained. Alex is even going to the door and pawing when she needs to go out - she never did this before Daisy.

She has been super gentle with the cats - which have been very curious of her. I could go on and on and on.

As I write this, Alex and Daisy are resting together on the bed in the kitchen. Such a wonderful heartwarming sight.

A~


NOTE FROM DENISE:
Wow! What a beautiful dog and she looks so intensely alert and intelligent.

3 comments:

care said...

wow LOOK AT THAT YARD
she is a very lucky dog and went
from rags to riches in a pretty
big hurry! I am so thrilled to see
her happy and not living/ hiding under a front porch wondering if she
would make it through the winter!

LOVE IT

Colleen

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful story! Thank you Karen and Colleen for your
determination to find Daisy and give her that second chance. You
are appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to Pet Haven!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails