Saturday, November 23, 2013

One of nine orphaned pups from RLRR, Manny

UPDATE FROM ADOPTER TO FORMER FOSTER MOM LINDA:
The vet appointment went really well. The only thing he didn't really like was having his ears cleaned so we'll keep on working with him so he gets more comfortable with it. He didn't even notice his shot. He weighed in at 14.5 pounds!! We have another apt coming up this Friday so it should be exciting to see how much more weight he's gained because Ryan and I both swear that he gets bigger every minute. 
We're just filling out the paperwork now for obedience classes which Ryan and I are both super excited about and know he'll enjoy too :) We're currently working at home on: sit, stay, come and down and, of course, he does well with all of them. It still amazes me how smart and good he is (although I've always known that Shepherds are smart)! 

It's just funny to hear people say well they're just puppies and wait to try and start training. I really think that working on commands is one of his favorite things to do and he already amazes so many people with how good he listens and what he already knows :) 
Pretty much everyone in our neighborhood is dog friendly, so he gets as much attention out and about as he does at home. Our neighbors down the street (who I had not met until this point) literally stopped on the wrong side of the street just to hop out to say hello to him the other day. I found out that they foster adult Golden Retrievers but as we were talking about obedience training I told them that I'm sure he's going to be the smartest pup there (although my opinion might be a little biased). 
He's still working on his bite inhibition but does fairly well for a teething pup! And although he likes to vocalize his excitement while playing with our friend's and family's pups (of all sizes) does really well and makes his mama proud. We'll keep you updated...but I've attached a few recent pics of our little Manny for you to enjoy!
Have a great rest of the day and thank you so much again for giving us this wonderful blessing :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails