Monday, November 4, 2013

Chloe never gets tired!

Update from the new home of Chloe, who was rescued by Red Lake Rosie's Rescue and fostered by ARVSS in Wisconsin:
SHE NEVER GETS TIRED!!! Oh my goodness. I take her running with me and after a few miles she'll start to wear down (like mile 6). I get her home and she collapses on her bed for about 10 minutes, and then she's up, up, up, ready to go and looking something to do. But oh can she snore! It's so loud I'm surprised it doesn't wake her up! I've never heard a dog, or a person for that matter, snore so loud.
We go to the dog park practically every day. We have only come across one dog that could run circles around her, literally. She did her best to keep up with that pup though! My friend's 2 year old pitbull played and played with her, and after an hour jumped in my friends lap because Chloe would keep pawing at him to play, and he was tired.
She is doing very well at listening, and learning to stay in the yard. She is very very good about not running across the street anymore after squirrels. We are signing up to go to classes together too. I've been asking co-workers for recommendations on places. We've only had a few accidents in the house, which is very good!
My mother and her husband came to visit us, and absolutely love her. They brought so many bones and toys and treats for her to play with it was Christmas in October. My mom calls every day to see how we are doing, and tells me to give Chloe a hug and a scratch for her. My mom will skype with us and Chloe doesn't understand where she is but will look at the computer and sniff behind the laptop to try to find her.
I can't believe it's only been just over a month with her, but it feels like I've had her forever. She is such a joy to have. We went to visit Dr. T the second week she was here, and 2 weeks later when we went back, she had gained 5 lbs! With all the running and chasing we do, I have no idea how she gained weight! Maybe it's all the pup cookies she gets... but we now know sit, shake and lay down! She is simply an amazing little girl and the highlight of my days, even when she wakes me up at 3 am to go outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chloe is having the time of her life.....good for her and happy for such a loving family to have adopted her!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails