Monday, June 8, 2009

Vizsla from clinic adopted

Hello everyone,

I have been fostering the vizsla Bonnie/Dolly but I call her Honey since picking her up from Red Lake Rosie Rescue after the May clinic. The club had an experienced vizsla owner, Kyle, ready and anxious to see her. They tragically lost their vizsla a couple of months ago and were ready for a companion. I spoke with Kyle a number of times, he was exchanging emails with I think Karen. Kyle came to see her here Tuesday night, Kym interviewed him Wednesday, and he and his girls came back today and took her home. A photo is attached.
Honey was a sweet delight. Loved very human she met; my vet wanted us to let him know if we didn't home her as he'd find a home. She was great on a leash, good retriever, rusty on obedience but good at "come" and "give". Calm here, yard, car, vet and store and loving every stranger she met. She ate well, was housebroken, and no major health issues (an ear infection). The only issue we had with her is some jumping up and some separation anxiety. Kyle is aware and sympathetic; he is a kind man and his children were gentle and sweet.

Honey was great with the girls, crawled into each of their laps and thoroughly licked their faces. I showed them how Honey likes to play tug and they did that with her.

Kyle promised to keep us updated and knows he can call Kym or me with questions or concerns.

Thanks everyone for your support.

D

1 comment:

Susan said...

Yay for Honey - I transported her down from RLRR last week. She is definitely a sweetheart, and I am thrilled to hear she found such a loving home already. If the new owners like, I have some photos of her at the clinic on the All Dog Rescue website. Susan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails