Saturday, April 15, 2017

Happy Easter, Bunny!

Bunny was a beautiful long-haired tortie that was a surrender at Red Lake Rosie's Rescue a few years ago. RLRR is so thankful for the relationship we have with Feline Rescue where we are able to send cats by twos to be adopted. Bunny's story is one of the many success stories we have with Feline Rescue.

Yesterday I received this picture and message:


"I just wanted to drop you a line to say thank you for all that you do.

In 2012, after the death of my cat Boo-Boo, I decided to spend 2 days a week visiting the homeless cats at Feline Rescue. I love all the cats, even the snarky ones. I don't remember her exact surrender date, but in early 2014, a long-hair tortie that they named Bunny showed up from you guys. 

All my recent cats, {Binky and Comet}, have been either feral or hated people. I seem to have a way with them. Bunny was definitely a problem. She kept attacking the volunteers when they would clean her litter box, kennel, and give her food and water. She did respond to a few people, and I was one of the fortunate few. 

I had lost Comet's sister Sunny, my soul mate, in 2013, and, in the spring of 2014, Comet had a stroke. I didn't want Binky to be left alone if Comet didn't pull through. I figured no one would adopt Bunny the way she acted, so I brought her home. Comet did pull through, thank heavens, and Bunny has become an awesome family member. Of course she has the famous "tortitude", but she's really sweet. She doesn't like being picked up or held, but she often climbs up on us for loving. We live in a rural area and get mice, but Bunny totally loves hunting them.

She's very safe now. My cats are NEVER allowed outside where they can get hurt. If it hadn't been for you guys rescuing her and sending her to Feline Rescue, we wouldn't have met. I can't imagine our family without our Bunny. Shelters seldom hear about how their former charges end up, and I know I always love hearing the happy endings from adopters, so I thought I'd share Bunny's story with you. Thank you again for all you do."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails