Monday, August 11, 2014

Lila is loved

Lila is losing her sight, but not the love of her family.

Lila was rescued by Red Lake Rosie's Rescue back in 2007 and went to Second Chance Rescue for foster care and adoption. There was an update about her on the blog in 2010 HERE. Her adopter keeps in touch with Karen and was kind to send this recent update.


UPDATE FROM LILA'S FAMILY:
Lila was rescued in 2007 by Karen from one of the Red Lake garbage dumps.   I was so lucky to get matched with her and I just adore her! She's been having a great life full of walks and runs and swimming and relaxing.  She has at least one bed in every room of the house -- including a water bed :)


Unfortunately Lila was born with Glaucoma.  About a year ago, she lost one eye and she will eventually lose the other.  I'm working with the U of M vet clinic to try everything for her to keep her remaining eye as long as possible.  In the meantime, I'm working to prepare her for when she can not see at all.  I have aroma stickers on all the furniture and doorways in the house.  I wear bells on my running and walking shoes, and we've tried some training with a blindfold, although that has not been a favorite for Lila.



I'm also taking advantage of all her seeing days to get her out on as many adventures as possible.  I worry about when she is blind, but I can just promise her she will be well cared for and loved for for all the days of her life!

KC~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails