Friday, January 13, 2012

Saving the best for last

I have been fostering cats (usually mom cats and kittens) for a decade and I have lots of friends who also foster. We have discussed from time to time how impossible it is to predict which cats will be adopted first and which will wait.

CHARLOTTE & AMELIACharlotte came to me from Red Lake Rosie's Rescue with a belly full of kittens, ticks in her coat and a BB in her butt. I took care of the ticks right away, she had four lovely kittens in just a few days and the BB was removed when she was spayed.

CHARLOTTEFrom that humble beginning, she came to be a favorite at my house. When friends stop by they can't believe I still have her because she is so great-- quiet, friendly, pretty. She is a medium-sized gray tuxedo cat with round green eyes set in her very round face. She is patient with me when I am too busy, but adores some alone time for petting.

AMELIAAmelia is Charlotte's daughter from that last batch of kittens. She is full-grown and possibly a little bigger than her mom. She must take after her Dad's side of the family because she has the long legs, angular features and almond-shaped eyes of the Oriental breed. Her dilute calico coat is super soft and she is a snuggler without shame.

I'm so anxious for them to find their permanent, perfect home. The longer they stay, the more I love them, but I want to continue to foster so I can't adopt. Their photos don't do them justice; they often blink for the camera, but they are both very beautiful with beautiful souls. I hope you or someone you know may be looking for a cat just like one or both of them!

The good news is that when the right adopters come along, the waiting is all worthwhile. January is the biggest month for adoption of cats. My theory is that people are looking for a loving companion after the stress of the Holidays. Whatever the reason, my fingers are crossed that the time is near for my dear Charlotte and Amelia.

See our website (www.redlakerosie.org) for more information about adoptions or contact me directly at blog@redlakerosie.org.

Denise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia and Charlotte are so precious! Thank you Denise for helping so many cats and kittens from Red Lake and elsewhere.

Anonymous said...

These two are so gorgeous. Hope
they find their permanent homes
soon. Keep us updated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails