Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sully: Post-surgery

NOTE FROM FOSTER:
Sully's surgery went really well!!!!!

I wrapped him snugly in a blanket and brought him home late this afternoon. He was wimpering so pitifully, as though he wanted me to know he did not have a good day; however, he has no idea of the new wonders that await him in the near future.

He has a serious medication regimen, and the next two weeks are crucial, but he is already wandering, eating a little, and trying to scratch his cone off. He is supposed to rest quietly for two weeks, no steps, running, jumping off furniture or rough playing. I set up a bed for him in a spare bedroom, but he cried and and almost scratched the door down. He's not used to being alone, so I just bring his little bed wherever I go or hold him on my lap, like I'm doing right now. We go back for a check up tomorrow.

Time for another round of eye drops & pills. He really is a tough little sport. How lucky for Sully that Karen was there to rescue him and give him the start to a whole new life.

Crystal

NOTE FROM KAREN:
Oh Crystal- bless you for your great love and care for Sully!! He could never get that from me, and now let's pray he has sight restoration.

Thank you to the Denise and Dee Dee, too, for the blog and the fundraising efforts!!

HURRAY for SULLY!!A great success!

Karen

4 comments:

Denise said...

FURTHER UPDATE FROM CRYSTAL: Sully had a good exam this morning. His eye pressure was low, and he was able to see well enough to track the cotton balls that Dr.Olivera held up and dropped to the floor.
According to Dr.Olivera Sully has the typical postoperative inflamation that all dogs show. Each day there should be less squinting, less matter and improved vision. Sully can't see too much yet, but he knows something very good is going on! Dr. Olivera, the technician and I all agreed that little Sully was truly smiling with joy. He is sleeping soundly now, exhausted from his busy morning.
Crystal

leeahdancer said...

This is such a heart warming story, I adopted Sully's (Diamond) housemate "Dancer", he is just as loving and sweet as Sully. I am so happy that they found good homes. I wish I knew more of their stories/background I tried to send my story and pictures of dancer but the blog wouldn't accept my emails for some reason. Please continue to send updates. Bless you and Sully.

Denise said...

LEEAHDANCER--
Please send your blog post info to blog@redlakerosie.org.

Denise

Anonymous said...

Also- How could I forget the fundraising by Mary Wick who created a MN Give for "Sight for SullY! Karen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails