Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Francesca

I received a very pitiful, and very nice girl, Francesca, who was rescued by Carol Priest from the Red Lake area.

Francesca, a young female pitbull, was severely emaciated and dehydrated.

She had a litter of 7 pups originally, I am told, and 5 died, so she has 2 remaining pups. The five pups no doubt starved to death, as she had very little milk in her condition.

I have had her on and off leash, and she is socialized and nice. She is eating well and drinking lots of water. She produces a little milk for her surviving pups, so we supplement their feeding with puppy milk.

The mosquitos are so bad at the outdoor shelter, we are hoping she can get a foster home soon for her and her 2 pups. Francesca has suffered a LONG time to get in this shape and is an example of the suffering of the pitbull breed here and other places as well.

Thank you for supporting RLRR and giving us the opportunity to find the Francescas and get them help.

Thank you-
Karen Good
RLRR

UPDATE:
Francesca and her 2 pups have gone to Mn Pitbull Rescue foster homes
.

6 comments:

mteacup said...

Thank you to Carol Priest and MN Pit Bull Rescue! I love Carol's spirit and fearlessness with the dogs.

Anonymous said...

Francesca is adorable, as are her
pups. We were part of the transport and immediately fell in love with her gentle spirit and her feistly little pups. We wish the very best for these three cuties. Thanks Carol, Karen, and MN Pit Bull Rescue!

Jo Tallchief said...

So glad Francesca has been rescued! She's now on her way to a happy home and a happy life! Thank you everyone, and especially Carol!! ^_^

Rachel said...

I cried in my cubicle when I read this story. Thank you to all involved in this rescue!

Angmela said...

I just wanted to update this story. Fran is living with us as a foster through MNPBR. She is happy and healthy and waiting patiently for her forever home.

Thank You RLRR for saving this family of dogs and giving them the best chance. My family has now been blessed by being able to love and spend time with momma Fran!!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to give another update on Francesca. My wife and I adopted her from MNPBR and couldn't be happier. We renamed her Vera. She is doing great and we absolutely love her. Thanks for saving her.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails