Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thanks & Prayers for Polly

Polly Mcmaster has been an active member of the Red Lake Rosie team for many years.

Polly and I met 23 years ago and shared a common concern for the companion animals of Red Lake. Polly has been a vital force of the rescue, pulling dogs, cats, pups and kittens from garbage dumps for years.

I am sad to say that Polly is now ill and could use our prayers and encouragement. She has been receiving care at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, and is currently receiving personal care with her sister in Minneapolis.

We would like to encourage our Red Lake Rosie supporters to send a card or note of encouragement to our dear sister in rescue at:

Polly McMaster
Box 670
Red Lake, Minnesota 56671


Thank you,
Karen


NOTE FROM DENISE:
Please take a moment to go to the upper right corner of the screen to "Search this blog" and enter: polly

I know you will be astounded, as I was, to see just how many times Polly has been involved rescues that mentioned her in the blog posts. Of course, she has helped many more than are recorded here, but it will give you a notion of her dedication. She is one of the quiet helpers of the animals.

Thank you, Polly!! I am wishing you all the comfort you gave the animals in their hour of need.

4 comments:

mteacup said...

Prayers for Polly. If there is anything I can do - let me know. I live in Minneapolis.

Mary Wick

Jo Tallchief said...

From talking with Polly, I think a lot of the time she went out every day, even in the severe cold of winter, to pick up and feed animals. She never said she did, but that's what I gathered from talking to her (she's not the kind to brag about things). Also, people have her phone number and are constantly calling her. She's a hard-working lady. Thx for giving her box number, Karen - I miss her! :)

Jo Tallchief said...

Polly's bravery is also incredible. The last time I talked to her she told me about a woman who isn't feeding her dogs. Polly will pull up to the lot next to this woman's house and bring out a bag of dog food. This woman's dogs will run to Polly. They even know the sound of her car. The woman saw Polly out there one day and said to her, "You can't be feeding my dogs!" The dogs are starving. You could easily count all their ribs. Polly said, "I'm not on your property. I can do whatever I want over here." What quite a few of these kinds of people will do here is go in the house and get a baseball bat and come back outside with it. Polly doesn't care. She'll jump in her car & floor it out of there. (I can't understand the reasoning of ppl who starve their animals, btw. Mine are struggling against having a 2nd chin.) That's just one Polly story. There are lots of others ^_^

mteacup said...

I bet a visit from Stuart Little would make Polly feel better....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails