Thursday, May 12, 2011

Help for Big Boy

During the past winter, I got a call regarding my friend Big Boy, a black lab that I had come to know. According to the caller, Big Boy needed help. I had previously had Big Boy at the shelter for a week, and then I also took him to the clinic and got him fixed and vaccinated and returned him home.

This time, Big Boy was in bad shape. He had been chained with a wire around his neck, and the wire had cut him clear through all around his head. The caller said he was nearly beheaded - so of course I responded that I would take Big Boy.

The caller said the wire had been removed and he said he had never seen such a horrible sight. I told them that if I helped, then Big Boy was never to be chained again. He agreed.

Big Boy was delivered to me that evening, and he began a 60 day journey of healing. He was given lots of encouragement, antibiotics, nutritious food and water. Well Big Boy and I had a friendship that went back a couple of years, so he was happy to see me and knew that he was going to get help.

After two months, Big Boy was ready to go home. Now I make visits to his home to check on him, leave food, and he always meets me as soon as he sees the Red Lake Rosie's Rescue van. He comes running and wagging. I know I have made a lifelong friend with Big Boy, and also with his family.

Big Boy is a testimony of how RLRR needs to have funds available for major medical at the vet and for the regular medical supplies like antibiotics, rimadyl for pain, dressings, immunizations, flea and tick medication,and wormer. We get requests weekly for help for animals in distress.

Thank you for your support!
Karen RLRR

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails