Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kyra

I wanted to drop you a note to tell you about a dog I adopted from Animal Ark that I believe came from your organization. I adopted her a year ago in the early winter - she and her littermates (10 in all) were found in a box by the side of the road. Animal Ark named her Kyra and we kept it.

KYRA'S SMILEShe lives with my 12 year old golden and a 1.5 year old sheltie/aussie mix that I adopted from a no-kill rescue society here in the Twin Cities. She is the best dog I have ever had - funny, social, smart, playful, affectionate etc. Wherever I take her, people stop me to ask what breed she is and compliment what a pretty dog she is!

KYRA ON THE DOCKShe has the most beautiful coat and dark markings around her eyes - very unusual. Animal Ark called her a Keeshond/Shepherd mix but I think she most resembles a Chinook.

We adore her and are so grateful to you for rescuing her and her littermates so that she could become part of our home! I made a donation to you guys today to thank you and keep up the good work!

KYRA ON THE PATH TO HAPPILY EVER AFTERThank you and just wanted to share a success story with you!

SL~

3 comments:

Julie said...

Sarah,

Kyra is such a beautiful dog! I am glad she is part of such a loving home. Looking forward to more stories about her and your other "children".

Julie

harriet walker said...

Linda Ratay forwarded the link to this blog so I could see Kyra, all grown and beautiful, because I have one of her sisters! I work for the Ark, and Kacee is the puppy we took home, after she found herself the last up for adoption. It was just supposed to be for a foster situation, but we can guess how that worked out...many thanks for the wonderful pictures of Kyra and story to go along with it! I've been really curious to see how any of the siblings of that litter ended up maturing; so many puppies and they were all so different! Oh, Kacee aka Maizey is the spitting image of Kyra, just with shorter hair and totally straight to the sky ears.

Harriet W.

Jo Tallchief said...

Look at that happy face! Thank you for updating us on Kyra! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails