Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Update on Mindy in foster care

I am Mindy's new foster mom and want to let you know she is doing very well.
I can't believe how sweet she is considering the rough start she had.

The first day she was here, she was nervous so I showed her the dog bed in the dining room, left her alone, and I sat down on the living room couch.
She curled up on the bed and about 20 minutes later, I noticed she was on a chair in the living room. I got up and went to the kitchen and came back to find her on the end of the couch.

It seemed like she was unsure of how close she could get to me and wanted to take baby steps. Once she realized she was welcome, she really started to open up. She's only been here two days, but I can already see that she is an amazing dog.

You obviously did a great job caring for her and must love her as much as I do! I'm going to have a hard time seeing her go to a new home, but I will make sure that it is the best home she can have.

Thanks,
P.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for fostering this sweet
little lady.....please keep us posted on her continuing progress.
We are thrilled for her and her
second chance at having a bright future. Thanks.....

Vanessa said...

Hi This is Mindy's (now Magpie)forever mom, and I realized I updated all dog rescue, where she was fostered, but never got over to this blog to update you on her. Sorry for the delay but I found myself on your website today and thought I would post an update in case you wonder about her. She is doing great and is such a scamp now! We spoil her a bit, I have to admit. We live in Minneapolis right near the Nokomis/Hiawatha lakes and parks and take her out for long walks daily. She is a happy dog and we are happy (and grateful to you) for rescuing her from the dump. I see some dogs on here that look like her (her litter mates I think- like Lucy) and wonder where they all are. I hope they and her (real) Mom are doing well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails