Thursday, October 16, 2008

Marilou's first visit to RLRR

Marilou of PetHaven visited Red Lake and Karen for the first time last weekend and she wrote about her experience to me and on her blog:
Laura (another Pet Haven volunteer) and myself returned yesterday from the most incredible weekend with Karen up at Red Lake. Words can't adequately describe how moving and life-changing it is to simply spend time up at Red Lake with Karen and to witness the work she does on behalf of the animals.... Despite the cold weather and non-stop rain, I would not trade the time we had up at Red Lake.

On Sunday we transported 8 pups to the cities (of which two of them... Little Ann and Sadie ... are in Pet Haven's foster program now!....and many thanks to Diane D for stepping forward and fostering again.. she will most likely be fostering Sadie ;-)

All the animals just touched my soul.... there are a few dogs up north (Mama, Jesse and Sheri) who we did not bring back on this last trip, however, they have captured my heart and I am going to be working hard to find fosters for them so that we can bring them on a future transport. I absolutely fell in love with Mama and when she is ready in about a month after she is done nursing her pups and is spayed, I have told Karen that I will be up to get her :)

I will write more about our experience up north, but wanted to go ahead and share some photos I took from our trip.

Karen -- today is your foot surgery, and please know that you are in
my thoughts and prayers. Thank you for all you do...and Denise/Barb/DeeDee and Diane: thank you for being such strong supporters of Red Lake Rosie's and for all you do as well! :)

They are still at Red Lake and we would love to help them out. If you are open to fostering please email volunteer@pethavenmn.org

Marilou
www.pethavenmn.org
http://pethavendogs.blogspot.com
http://pethavencats.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails