Friday, October 10, 2008

She'll always be Joanna to us

I received a note directly from the pup we came to know at Red Lake as Joanna. She was Angel in foster care, but arrived at her new home with the name of Lily. That could change again, but we hope her happiness never will.

Dear Foster Mom,

Just wanted to let you know I'm really happy in my new home. My new parents took me to visit Grandma & Grandpa. I guess they'll be my babysitters. We went to Petsmart and Chuck & Don's where we bought some new toys and puppy food. I got to play with some other dogs & puppies. All the people were extra nice to me.

When we arrived at my new home, I got to run all the way down the driveway. I'm starting to feel at home. I have a dog bed in every room, but the kitchen is my favorite.

This weekend I got to chase some chickens. You'd have been proud of me, I had my hackles up all along my back. Boy, you should have seen those chickens run. They didn't come back until after dark. I also tried to play with my new cat, Libby. I can't figure out why she doesn't want to play with me, but I'll keep trying. She justs hisses and makes weird noises.

I had to take a bath on Sunday with a special shampoo because some fleas were biting me. Mom caught one of the black specks in my white fur. She called the Vet and got some Frontline for puppies to stop them from biting me.

This week I am learning how to be a "working dog". I get to ride in the pick-up to work each morning. Then I sleep in my bed in the backseat until lunchtime. We go for a walk and get a drink, then I sleep some more until quitting time. After the ride home, I'm full of energy to run down the driveway again.

My folks are talking about changing my name because Lily is too close to Libby and they get the two mixed up. They're waiting to see my true personality before they make a final decision. I'll keep you posted.

Here's a picture of me with one of my new toys... a leftover blanket binding from my human cousin's baby blanket. As you can see, I'm having fun.

Thanks for taking such good care of me!
Lily/Angel/Joanna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled knowing what a
bright future this little beauty
has.....thanks to all who provided
love and care along the way to her forever home.

Anonymous said...

We had a one eyed wondermutt named Lillie. Lily looks amazingly happy and it just made me smile to think of another wondermutt named Lily, a very special one eyed dog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails