Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Long-suffering Buddy

I had the opportunity to meet Buddy when I visited Red Lake in February.

Karen had heard about this injured dog for a couple of weeks. She tried to convince the family to get medical attention for him, but ultimately they turned him in to the rescue. Poor Buddy was severely malnourished, as you can see, and had a substantial wound on his back which his owners were unable to explain. When Karen took him to the vet, it was discovered that there were several pieces of glass in the wound.

By the time I saw him, it was a couple of weeks after these photos were taken and he had put on good weight. He was much bigger than I expected from the photo; he is probably a St. Bernard/Boxer mix. He sat very stoically in his outdoor kennel at the rescue. He wasn't running around and barking like the other dogs; he just followed us with his sad kind eyes. What a sweet dog!

I didn't bring Buddy down to the Twin Cities myself, but a transport later the same day did. I will try to get an update on him.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails