Monday, March 17, 2008

Buddy finds a home!


Buddy is making a fresh start in a new home with a new name, Judd.

A couple with a 5-year-old son adopted Judd and the woman has been updating the original foster caregiver almost every day!
The fostercaregiver wanted Karen to know:

Honestly, had it not been for the fact that I could just TELL that this was the best new family for this dog- I never could have let him go!! It was one of the hardest things for me as I really fell hard for this boy! But he sure is in great hands now- and that makes me know it was the right thing to do.

Here is the latest update from Buddy/Judd's new home:

Juddy has a HUGE appetite! After much experimentation I found the trick! He likes dry kibble with canned dog food mixed with some warm water (so it's like gravy) poured on top. He's gobbling down his food now and he's even taking treats from my hand when I hold them out. He used to only do it if I cupped my hand underneath his mouth, but now he takes it, albeit gingerly, right from my hand and munches it up right there, ready for the next one. I'm so happy!

I've also noticed he's more playful. I am going to have to take him to a dog park. He wants to run and romp around with Hilda, but they're always on leashes so it's hard. I want him to run around and have fun before he gets on his heartworm meds.
He also has a bladder made of iron. I take them out every 4 to 5 hours at the longest and Oswald would always take the opportunity to pee even if he didn't really have to go. Judd Bug will just choose not to go if he doesn't really have to and then the next time or even the time afer that, it's like a fire hose.
He also likes to lick snow and will try to eat dry grass (like the tall ornamental grasses). I wonder if that's what he survived on before being rescued.
His back is healing up nicely. Only one little scab that still looks a bit tender towards the base of his tail. I've been putting some tea tree oil on it regularly and it's getting better. The big one looks really great.

Judd Bug is much less like velcro these days. As long as he knows where I am, he's okay. If he hears me get up from another room and walk then he has to know where I'm going. When I leave to pick up Morgan he waits by the windows by the front door and watches for me to return. When I pull up in the driveway, his head pops right up to the window and when I get through the interior garage door, he's sitting, patiently waiting right on the other side of the door.
He's such a good dog and so, so sweet. In case you ever worry, I do appreciate him immensely.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails