Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Second chance for poor Bobo

A call from a concerned citizen in Red Lake in February during the cold snap told us a little stray shepherd pup was starving and freezing in her yard. The pup reportedly had mange and was basically hairless, wandering from house to house in search of food.

Geri and I answered the call and searched the area and could not find the dog- and returned later and found him. He came to be known as Bobo.

On arrival was very skinny and yes, hairless. He began a treatment of ivermectin, revolution, and antibiotics for skin lesions. He has this very big appetite and he was so happy to have all he could eat.

Bobo's personality began to emerge as he was feeling better and soon became a favorite little man. He had this very low pitched bark and loved to follow me around the kennel yard, waiting to get his special treat of canned dog food when he was tucked in his kennel.

Bobo went to the March clinic and was neutered and vaccinated and was regrowing hair nicely.

Bobo left the RLRR shelter on March 10th enroute to a very special foster home with Matt and Susie at ARVSS. We have heard that they are working with him on cats and he is progressing well.

HE SURE LOOKS HAPPY!We want to thank all the supporters who make it possible to rescue the Bobos and get them on to a good life. We are thankful for food, straw, kennels, medicines and of course the transporters and rescues that take Bobo and others like him on to a decent life.

Bobo will never have to walk the streets looking for food and shelter again thanks to you.

I miss him, but am happy for him.

Sincerely,
Karen and RLRR

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What a sweet pup Bobo looks like. How wonderful you helped to save him!

nehlert1984 said...

I met Bobo at the march clinic at the Redby warehouse. There were 4 other dogs including 2 puppies. All the other dogs were adorable but Bobo immedietly had a place in my heart. I loved walking and feeding him and was very sad to see him leave the warehouse Friday afternoon. I knew that Karen was going to find him a great home but there was something about Bobo that stuck with me. Saturday night at the warehouse the heat went out and Mike and I went to sleep at Karen's. I was so happy to see how much Bobo loved being in the pack. I knew he was on his way to a great permanent home. When my friend Lauren was up at Karen's the week of Bobo's transport- I made sure she send me a final picture of him. As a proud owner of an amazing red lake dog with an amazing story I was honored to be able to meet Bobo. I can't wait to hear updates on how great his life will be and how he will enrich the lives of the people around him.

Nate( shilohs owner)

Anonymous said...

We are thrilled for Bobo! I got
to meet him on his transport to ARVSS...this sweet little angel. What I love about seeing
photos is that wonderful transformation.....from those sad
lowered ears and sad eyes to a head
held high with tall proud ears, and a tail that never quits wagging. Thanks Karen, Geri, and
those who have helped him along his journey. Keep those photos
and stories coming our way!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails