Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another note from Lesle

This was an overwhelming ordeal and my first RAVS experience.

Ellen, chief cook and bottle washer and with the help of her mother's excellent cooking, provided a lot of very sustainable foods throughout the week. Thank you Ellen and Claudia and while I was there the first half of the week, I was amazed at the need for the animals to be loved, feel safe and be watered, fed and walked on a regular basis and of course I fell in love with Pete. He came from a very desperate situation (thank you Karen for saving him and the callie cat with her babies) and came through like a trooper. I had the privilage of walking him and caring for him those first few days and we developed a bond that will never be broken. I wish Pete the best and a warm and happy home to live in - and I hope it's my home - we'll see.

I too, in the beginning part of the week, saw things I never imagined. I just hope all of the people that volunteered to help Karen at this clinic saw a little bit of life we don't typically see and can help Karen in the future to diminish the abuse and neglect the animals of Red Lake suffer and to educate people who want to help their animals in a way that is beneficial to them. I saw many people like that who were concerned about their animals - education is key here.

Thank you all who volunteered and let's keep the momentum going. Thank you Karen for your continued devotion to those who can't speak for themselves.

Take care,

Lesle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails