UPDATES FROM ACT V:Mariah arrived, thanks to Leech Lake Legacy, safely.
And Karen Good, you did an excellent job of keeping her alive.
During her assessment, we learned many new things:
1. She is approximately ten years old.
2. She has newly broken teeth at the gumline (fending off her attackers?)
3. She also has many, old, broken teeth.
4. Her swollen abdomen has severe bruising.
5. Her bite wounds are massive; some were developing an infection.
6. X-ray shows she's carrying around buckshot.
7. Her spine shows evidence of significant arthritis.
She'll stay in the ICU under the care of Affiliated Emergency Veterinary Service.
She had x-rays, ultrasound, IV fluids, extensive blood work and a Fentanyl patch for pain, and a feeding tube because she was not eating.
MARIAH IS ADOPTED!
It's been a long journey for this poor dog; but with teamwork, medical specialists, and community support, we changed the ending to her story.
Thank you, everyone!
(And maybe send some hugs to her foster family who kissed her goodbye.)