Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Another emergency needs rescue home

HELP FOR HERMAN
On December 11th, the coldest day so far with over 20 below plus wind chill a call came that a little shep was laying on a porch some 65 miles away and was probably going to die. This little guy had lots of fur missing and laid on the porch with no shelter. This in not the kind of call you want to get early in the morning, but I knew I had to make the trek no matter what and save this boy who I later named Herman.
Now I am asking if any rescue can take Herman tomorrow December 12th as we have an opportunity for a transport to the metro.

Herman is so sweet, young and wants desperately to live. He needs medical help. I started him on cephalexin and ivermectin for mange.
He ate hungrily a mixture of canned and grain free puppy kibble. He is starving and I don’t know how this boy survived so many days of brutal cold with no fur, no shelter and no food.

Can someone step forward and take him tomorrow? I know this is very last minute but I have no choice but to beg for him. I really have no place to put him indoors I have cat house full of cats and small breed dogs.

Let me know your thoughts. Please help Herman if you can!

Karen Good RLRR

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Any luck yet? I have shared, wish I could do more.

Unknown said...

What kind of mange does he have? Is it contagious?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails