Thursday, November 24, 2011

Giving Thanks for Rosie

There have been two dogs named Rosie who have acted as namesakes for Red Lake Rosie's Rescue. Rosie #1 retired to Havenwood Care Center in 1999 where she offers unconditional love to all.

ROSIEKAREN RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL FROM HAVENWOOD:
Rosie #1 is alive and well! She will be turning 14 years old on the 15th of November --- at least that is our best guess. We gave her a birthday based on the day she first came to our Facility when we estimated her to be about 2 years of age.

When Kathy, who originally brought Rosie to Havenwood retired last year, I took over her care. She knew Rosie was in good hands because I was her Activity Aide for several years and had fallen in love with Rosie from the start. I took over Kathy's position as Activity Director, so Rosie is still in my office. I take her home every night and have almost since I started there as she just took to me right away.

Anyway, we are having a birthday party for Rosie in our Rainbow Room at Havenwood, and I would like to invite you to be there. Really hope to see you there!

Thank you, Belinda

KAREN SAYS:
It was a gala affair! Nancy O'Sullivan, Carolyn May, and Karen Good
attended the 14th birthday party on November 15th during our first snowstorm of the season. It was evident that this little pit bull/shepherd mix has won a lot of hearts at Havenwood Care Center over the past 12 years.

Both of Rosie's caretakers, Kathy and Belinda, were at the party. Rosie was adorned in her birthday hat and greeted guests while her friends enjoyed cake and ice cream.

Rosie had her own cake made up of yummy canned dog food with 14 milkbones wrapped in her favorite chicken treats!

We all sang "Happy Birthday" followed by a number of songs in her honor.

We are honored to be invited to this party. We are proud of Rosie's years of service as a therapy dog bringing joy and companionship to many elderly and the employees as well. We are also so respectful of all the years of commitment and love shown to Rosie by Kathy and Belinda.

KATHY & BELINDAThis is a testimony to how animals that are considered disposable or worthless to some people are real treasures to others. Rosie has a great life thanks to the many great people at Havenwood!!

NANCY O SAYS:
The party was a fine tribute to this little girl who has represented Red Lake Rosie's Rescue well.

In her birthday card today I mentioned that Rosie has paved the way to a better life for many other animals from RLRR. She has touched the hearts and souls of so many humans and furry friends, and has left a lasting gift of love.

I am so glad I finally got to meet her and spend a little time with her. A darling face, soft eyes.....she must have a ton of stories to share.

BELINDA SAYS:
Thank You so much for coming today to Rosie’s Party. It was a great turnout, and she says Thank You for the blanket and treats. She is a good girl.

Thank You for the pictures of the party! I enjoyed them. I am so glad I did this for Rosie.

It is unbelievable how many Residents know and appreciate Rosie. I have some that come to our Activity office daily just to say hi and talk to her.

Pretty much all family members that come in also know her and acknowledge her as they pass by. She gets a lot of attention and I am always by her to make sure she is safe and cared for.

I will take care of her to the end as she is my special girl and I think you could see from today that she is mine, and that I love her so very much. Thank You for rescuing her and letting me love her and make her life wonderful.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails