Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Spay/Neuter Clinic this weekend; surrendered animals expected

Dear Friends:

I am writing to let you know that we are holding another neuter/spay clinic on November 6 and 7 serving Red Lake Reservation companion animals at Custom Homes in Redby hosted by Animal Ark Neuter Commuter of Hastings, MN, Akin Hills Animal Hospital of Farmington, MN, and the Lawson Family Fund.

This is the first November clinic ever held, so we will be holding animals in the warehouse overnight post-surgery due to colder outdoor temperatures.

We are HOPING we do not have lots of homeless and surrendered animals, but typically we do. We are noticing more malnourishment lately, possibly a result of the economy.

We can only pack in so many at RLRR shelter, and need, once again to ask other rescues and shelters to try and take animals needing placements.

Will you be able to commit to taking one or two?

I am most concerned about the cat/kitten situation.

I have currently 18 cats/kittens with another 3 kittens and one cat in the wings waiting to come in. I am pretty much at full capacity right now.

If we get a mass cat/kitten surrender at the clinic, what are we going to do?

Well, the best answer- we have to take it as it comes and hope that we can find a space for them all. Maybe this time, we won't get many.

Thank you so much for being there and always helping the Red Lake animals. We appreciate each and every one of you.

Sincerely, Karen Good and Red Lake Rosie's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Brenna/Charity will be able to take some kittens. I can take some kittens, too. I have 3 full-grown cats at my house and I think taking a full-grown cat in to foster ... there wouldn't be good feelings there. Kittens would be okay. Brenna also has a grown cat, which is why I think she'd also be good for kittens. I still have my big kennel. Brenna/Charity have their own kennels, also. Catch ya later! :)

Jo Tallchief said...

Did I mention that I'm the anonymous poster?

Unknown said...

I would be willing to take some kittens i do have two little boys two dogs and one large cat in need of a play mate so she leaves my feet alone at 2 am Snowflake is a big kitten at heart she loves other cats and dogs just watch out by our stairs or u could have a white cat hat

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails