Saturday, July 25, 2009

Walmart kitties

KAREN SAYS: One day I was in Bemidji and made a stop at Walmart. As I came out of the store I noticed a van with the hatchback up and a sign that said "FREE KITTENS". Naturally I drove over to the vehicle and asked how many animals they had. They replied "4 kittens and also the mama".

I did talk to the woman and her children and told them that giving away animals at the Walmart parking lot is not a good idea. I explained that people go to Walmart to shop, not adopt pets. The people who most often take the pets are not prepared for the responsibility of caring for the pet. Also, it a spontaneous decision often based on the children in the car that see the kitten or the puppy, and they want it. So the parent gets the animal as a "toy" for the child, after all it IS free. The animal most often lives a horrible life and when it gets a little bigger is thrown away. I was hoping I got through to the lady about it.

Well- I took the mama, who I named Shilo and her 4 kittens. I stopped at the Clearwater Vet on the way home and left Shilo who was spayed the next day. Two of her 4 kittens were taken immediately by a vet tech who works at the clinic who was looking for 2 kittens. The rest of the family came to RLRR shelter.

TWO WALMART KITTENSThey have all been placed now and Shilo left last Sunday and is posted on the Tricounty Humane Society webpage as follows:

SHILOShilo 37214

Hello, my name is Shilo. I am just as cute as the dog Shiloh! I will give you lots of love and affection. I am a very sweet girl willing to share my great personality with you. I came from another shelter so the people here don't know a whole lot about me, however they have found me to be a gentle, quiet, friendly girl who enjoys attention. I might be a little shy at first, but if you just give me a little time I will show you that I am a very loving girl. Give me a chance and I will not let you down! I was altered at the shelter and I will be ready to go home on 7-18-09, however a deposit will hold me through 7-19-09. I am 3 years old and I weigh 10.2 pounds. My adoption fee will be $56.00. jh

1 comment:

rilera said...

Thank you for saving these beautiful babies. I'm so glad that you were there to save their lives.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails