Friday, December 18, 2009

Dylan & Phoenix: Best Friends Forever

Dylan was crippled in his rear legs and was taken by to Akin Vet Hospital by Dr. Bartsch and Lauren. What a great update from his new home with another Red Lake dog, Phoenix. Our vet told us we may have to euthanize Dylan, but look at him now!! Karen

PHOENIX & DYLANHi Karen!

I thought I'd give you an update on "Phoenix" (aka Cinnamon) and her new boyfriend "Dylan". When I went to Akin Hills Pet Hospital in Farmington for another reason in September, I was told Dylan was looking for a home again. I remembered him from last fall when he was looking for a home, so I decided to give it a try.

I introduced him and Phoenix at the clinic, but Phoenix did not seem to like him. I decided to try him at home, just to give him a chance. On the third day, I let them sniff each other more and meet each other on a long leash and suddenly Phoenix did a play bow, looked up at me with the happiest grin I've ever seen and ran in tight little circles - I've never seen her so excited. I believe he was a puppy at the same time she had her puppies at Red Lake. Could she have remembered him?

From that moment on, they have been best of friends - constantly playing together - he bites her cheek or leg, and she takes it. She's very gentle with him and they play together like they've known each other forever. He still goes to physical therapy, but he's doing very well.

Dylan is such a beautiful boy, inside and out - we are so lucky to have him. I know Phoenix thinks so too! We are so blessed to have these two wonderful dogs, and two other rescued dogs. My shy white shepherd is even beginning to play more with Dylan around. We are so lucky to have the dogs we have.

Thank you Karen for all you do and for saving these two wonderful dogs.

T~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails